[OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:21:09 -0700 (PDT)
> It *really is quiet and has a very pleasant sound. Sort of
> *ssshhhhlbb*

As compared to, say, the 20D?

Is it fair to say that the E-1 doesn't "do" as much as the Canon
(especially in pixel count and image SNR) but what it does do it
does extremely well?

Is the ruggedized body worthwhile?  Is there a level of
confidence in the camera that is pretty much missing with so
many digitals today?

Viewfinder.  How well does the camera manual focus as compared
to an OM with 2-series screen?

Weight.  Does the camera still feel light after a while or does
it finally catch up to you?

Controls. The wheel behind the shutter release looks awkward.
Is it?

Back to the rugged question again.  Is the E-1 a camera you
would feel confident going backpacking with for a week in some
isolated place?  Would a hybrid system of OM (B&W film), a
handful of Zuikos, the E-1 with standard zoom and the Zuiko
adaptor be a nice all-around  outdoor system?

Does the E-1 give the right image colors right out of the camera
or am I forever chained to Photoshop to get usable pictures?
I've shot Velvia/Provia for so long, I prefer to get the look
right away instead of needing to post-process.  As a point of
comparison, the Canons produce pretty ugly files that require
post-processing.

For anybody shooting portraits/weddings, is the E-1's skin tones
spot-on?  Again, I'm looking for streamlined workflow and the
ability to shoot-select-print. (another advantage to the 4/3
format is the cropping)

AG

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo