[OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:29:24 -0700
Multiple DSLR experience not needed. If it was just dust it might work.
Anyone who has cleaned a sensor knows that some of the dust is welded
to it, especially in humid weather, requiring multiple wet cleanings to
get most of it. The volatiles in the air and the dust in humid
conditions stick. No amount of vibration will loosen that stuff.

Nikon is doing an interesting thing with the dust problem with some of
their newer cameras. You take a blank frame and automatically does a
spot subtraction in their software. So it may save you between
cleanings.

Tamron covers their mirror box with a glass cover, but I understand
that their sealing is not good enough to keep dust off the sensor.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA