[OM] Re: about a lens

Subject: [OM] Re: about a lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:17:14 -0700
That is a cheap, run of the mill consumer zoom. It may be decent or
slightly poor, but certainly not really good.  You can do much better.

As Jeff said, the Tamron SP 60-300/3.8-5.4 is a really excellent lens
covering that focal length range and with great close-up/macro capability.

It and the wide range of other Tamron Adaptall lenses will work very
well on the OM-4 and will probably physically mount on the F60.
Unfortunately, they will not meter on the F60. Only the pro level Nik*n
AF bodies will meter with MF lenses. So to use it, you would need a
separate meter. Of course, the OM-4 would work well as a spot meter, but
that is pretty silly.

My advice? Use the F60 for casual suff and the OM-4 for the serious stuff.

Moose