[OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some photos
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:02:41 -0500
Yuck!  I hate that sort of problem!  That's too much to be curtain bounce
(usually no more than 2-3mm), too sudden to be a timing problem (timing
results in a gradual change, not sudden).  I would suspect that something is
interfering with the movement of the first curtain.  We've seen a number of
cases where a cam welded to the top of the first curtain gear breaks free,
resulting in any number of problems with curtain operation.  Or some kind of
debris or substance may be inside.  There's no way to tell without looking,
I'm afraid....