[OM] Re: What happens when Winder 2 hits end of roll?

Subject: [OM] Re: What happens when Winder 2 hits end of roll?
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:15:44 -0500
There is a mechanical clutch in the Winders and Motor Drives that will cause
the mechanism to "slip" whenever the transfer gear can't turn.  After a
while, however, the film's sprocket holes will eventually tear and the
winder/MD will complete the shutter winding operation even though the film
hasn't moved.  Thereafter, you can repeatedly fire the shutter and it will
re-expose the frame even though the film hasn't moved.  This will happen
much more quickly with very cold film, of course, since cold film is more
brittle and will tear more easily.

Sounds like your 4t problem is more related to the camera's wind mechanism
slipping perhaps.  And the 2 problem sounds more like a  coincidence -- has
it ever happened again?