[OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Strange problem with OM-4 Ti - dark left border on some photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:03:18 -0700
Have you checked the correlation with shutter speed? I have an OM-4
which exhibits exactly the behavior you describe with one exception. The
size of the blacked out portion varies with shutter speed.
Unfortunately, this behavior showed up on a roll where I didn't keep
track of shutter speed, but from the particular frames with the problem
and my recollection of the shots, it seems pretty clear that  more is
blacked out at higher speeds. I'm guessing it starts at about 1/250,
certainly no effect at 1/60 and below.

I've assumed that it is a curtain timing/speed problem that would be
fixed with a CLA.