[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:14:20 -0800 (PST)
Moose wrote:

Would Sigma have produced digital specific lenses for their Foveon sensor
cameras if the sensor
worked equally well with lenses designed for 35mm? Could be just marketing
stuff, too.
<<
I would speculate that this may have more to do with the fact, that it is
cheaper to make a fast
and/or light weight lens to cover a smaller format sensor than the paraxial ray
issue. Same
argument as E1.

At a lecture, when I asked Foveon's chief tech officer about off axis color
issues with wa lenses,
he said that he thought in general, it was not a problem. Whether this is
because they have not
seen it with their larger pixels, or it generally is not such a big issue was
not clear.  The off
axis general light falloff with deep wells, could be partly (?) addressed by
using angled on chip
lenses. It would be interesting to search the SPIE publications, to find some
more detailed
technical information on the pros and cons of using these on chip lenses.

Regards,
Tim Hughes