[OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!

Subject: [OM] Re: Free OM-to-E-System adapter?!
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:33:25 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> So what optical specification is different on an OM lens that makes it,
> among all the makers,  uniquely unsuitable for digital? I have not
> followed all the Olympus publicity. Have they explained that?

It may not be the OM lenses, but rather the E-1 body itself.  The E-1 and
its lenses were designed as a system and they may have optimised the body
(CCD, firmware, etc) for the new lenses.  I'm sure no consideration was
given to existing lenses (unlike other manufacturers) and as a result some
design decisions may have been made which compromised their use.  That's
pure speculation on my part, but I can see how that might happen.
                                -mark