[OM] Re: Everdon Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Everdon Northamptonshire
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:12:26 +1100
>Interesting composition, Graham.  The several elements on the left
>side give one an impression of tilting to the right, but you horizon
>is dead level.  Makes for a dynamic composition with a static
>subject, though some will find it a little unsettling.  As with the
>previous work that you've shared, a very nice tonal range.  T400CN
>is out of favor with its previous list proponent, Ag Snoz, (mostly
>because it is hard to print traditionally, I think)but I still like
>it.
>
>regards,
>Gary

Yes - bothered me too a little. I think that the horizon is allowed
to be off level (it's a hill?) but the gate should be the level with
some slight allowance for perspective. A half degree widdershins
would improve it for me. Looks cold.
Ag Schnozz changed his mind about T400CN when he finally realised
that there was no silver in the emulsion!
AndrewF