Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 02:06:19 -0800
on 12/3/03 4:10 PM, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've said this before, but, NiMH in my T-32 shortened recycle after a full
> dump to 7 seconds.  Almost scared to try them in the Bounce grip 2.
> Anyone ever notice how "light" D Cell NiMH are?  They are so light (and
> don't last long) it's like they put a big casing around a AA.
> John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
> mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
> Camtech, Olympus Sales & Service since 1977
> 21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
> 631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks

I think some manufacturers make them that way. Costco had a set of NiMH from
Panasonic that were AA but included sleeve adapters to size them up to C or
D size. Of course the electrical capacity stayed AA.

But you can buy true C or D size NiMH, and I think the C size run about 3000
mAh and the D size about 4200 mAh, much more charge than AA which are now up
to 2100 mAh or so... its enough current capability that concern about
blowing capacitors or melting circuits might not be misplaced.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...