[OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries

Subject: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:03:11 -0500
Is it the concensus that NiMH batteries are OK in T-32's? Somewhere I have a brief note that Tim Hughes had stated that the T-32 had circuitry to limit the current flow from NiMH's but I can't find his actual words on the subject.

I was testing my T-32's recently with new alkaline batteries and measuring their output with a flash meter for balance and consistency. All were a bit below the stated guide number but were within about 1/3 stop of each other. I was surprised, however, to see that output started falling fairly rapidly after only about 10 flashes. I'd like to give the NiMH's a try to see if they recycle faster and hold the output level better. However, I do not want to fry them.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA