Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32's and NiMH batteries
From: Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:46:15 -0000

--On 03 December 2003 19:10 -0500 John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've said this before, but, NiMH in my T-32 shortened recycle after a full
dump to 7 seconds.  Almost scared to try them in the Bounce grip 2.
Anyone ever notice how "light" D Cell NiMH are?  They are so light (and
don't last long) it's like they put a big casing around a AA.

They probably did. If they're 2500mAh or so, they might be C-cells with a big jacket. Proper ones are about 8-9Ah and cost lots more. You probably know that, though.

FWIW, I've used 1600mAh AAs in a T-32 without damaging it or, apparently, the batteries - Still using 2200 mAh NiCDs for my BG2 though,because I don't use it in the field for long enough at one time to justify spending money on NiMH cells for it.