Re: [OM] Set me straight, fine grain != good resolution?

Subject: Re: [OM] Set me straight, fine grain != good resolution?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:30:41 -0700
At 08:16 AM 7/17/2003 +0800, you wrote:
OK, someone set me straight..

Fine grained means the grain size is small; high resolution means it resolves a lot more?

Except in my head, I keep thinking, if the grain is smaller, the resolution should be higher??

Or are they mutually exclusive?

Albert

AFAIK, they are not mutually exclusive, but one does not follow the others either. For example, Provia100F is fine grain than Velvia 50 but Velvia has more resolution (e.g. can capture more details). The Velvia 100F was a step in the right direction for the "best" film, I guess.