Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:20:25 -0500
At 09:40 AM 4/28/2003 +0800, you wrote:

Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Thanks, Matt.  I sure will if I need to.  But I hope the Polaroid will see
> me through to the point at which I turn 100% to a digital source.  I don't
> mind the time I spend "spotting" my scans.  I learn a lot about my
> equipment and my photos looking at every part of them in actual pixels.

Yes, only if you have time to do so :-) consider scanning over a
thousand of twenty years old negatives, without ICE and ROC it is a
nightmare to do the touch up and color correction manually. I also use
4000ED, I really have to say it is indispensable. Even for today, I
found at least 20f slides got minor scratched after processing and I
don't have a clean room to handle the dust issue, it is much easier to
pass it to ICE.

C.H.Ling

I take you at your word, but I don't have a thousand twenty-year old negatives and I don't have to scan for anyone but myself. If someone I know is looking for a new scanner, I'll now have to tell them that many people I respect say ICE is indispensable. :)

Joel W.