Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 06:49:48 -0400
Joel,

Perhaps you would never use it, but I do.  I've owned/used the SS4000,
SS4000+ and 4000ED.  I kept the 4000ED because of the batch scan, but they
are all fine scanners.  ICE, though, is incredible, at least in its latest
version (that's an important point, I believe only the latest Nikon and
Minolta have the latest version).  When used in 'light' mode, it eliminates
virtually all dust and scratches with NO detectible softening.

My second biggest problem with the SS4000 was its dust problem.

Tom