Re: [OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?

Subject: Re: [OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:49:38 -0700
>Gary Edwards wrote:  But, I don't see an anti-film conspiracy here.  I
presume the result would
have been just as bad (and as incorrect) if printed from a digicam file.<

Gary,

It's seems that the basic problem is a combination of corporate
unwillingness to pay for good people, and lack of time to really learn how
to produce good results.

One of the reasons I am slowly moving to self-sufficient digital is just the
type of difficulty and frustration that has been portrayed in this thread.

With modern archival inks and a quality digital camera one can produce very
good, commercially acceptable color prints.

I think it is a shame that the silver based processing is taking this turn
for the worse.  But the situation seems to be becoming ubiquitous.

Dave Dougherty