[OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?

Subject: [OM] Bad processing of film driving people to digital?
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:28:10 -0400
I just took a set of photos back to the processor because all the prints looked
badly overexposed, even though the negatives were all perfect.    I have been
having more and more trouble getting competent photofinishing.  I suspect that
this problem is universal, and may be contributing to the rise of digital,
despite the limitations of current consumer-level digital cameras:  to the
average bear, the photos look equally good (bad, really), and people don't know
what they are missing.  Perhaps the average bears are correct to go to digital.

Joe Gwinn