Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:09:17 +0800
I also just got a 21/3.5 from ebay, I don't think it is normal even it
has no close focus correction. Can you tell me what is the map size so
that I can duplicate the same test? I once bought a used 35-105 AF
from a shop, the front element has installed in the reverse way,
fortunately I found it out myself and do the correction to save some
repair cost. It had the same problem with center looks sharp and
corner very poor. Your case may be different, but it is possible that
someone do cleaning/repair job and reverse one or two elements during
put them back. Of course some element are very distint, you can't
reverse them.

BTW, although my 21/3.5 from ebay was in Excellent plus condition but
there was a big parcticle inside and a very thin oil layer on an inner
rear element, I have to disassembly the lens to clean it. I found the
third element group from the rear can be installed in reverse
direction.

C.H.Ling