Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:33:40 -0400
I can't believe I'm the first one "in" with the correct answer but I knew
one day my luck would come through.  In my opinion, the reason that all 4
corners are blurry is that you're using a 21 mm lens that's optimized for
work at infinity.  It's not a macro lens so it falls down in the area of
flatness-of-field.  It's of no concern at normal distances but if you're
crazy enough to photograph a map with a 21, you'll get bit.

awaiting the judgement of the "smart guys",
Lama

From: "Jochen Schiffler" <jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Last week I received the Zuiko 21mm 3.5 from the bay. I did a couple test
> shots and today I had some time to scan and examine  a few of them. I was
> shocked when I noticed the terrible edge sharpness at f3.5. Then calmed
down
> because it's at (too) short distance and I guess I did a really bad job
> focussing. What do you think? Is it my fault? The other photographs seem
ok.