Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 21/3.5 test images
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:50:15 -0700

I think the 21/3.5 is probably on a par with any other maker's
20/21mm focal length that were designed at the time. Not a bad lens
but a very good one. While Olympus may not have invented the close
focus abberation correction lens it was unique, I think, in applying
it to so many models of their lens line, pushing the
speed/performance envelope higher for everyone else.  The F2 versions
of the 21, 24, 50, 90, 100 astounded the competition at the time for
their speed and quality. Having a low opinion of the 3.5 for not have
the floating element may be a little like criticizing a classic car
for not having an automatic transmission.

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?