[OM] T32 or OM 2n problem....

Subject: [OM] T32 or OM 2n problem....
From: "Andrew Tierney" <urbex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:10:34 +0100
Hi,

I've got a T32 flash which doesn't appear to work properly in full auto mode on
an OM 2N...

When used in Normal Auto on an OM 1N and OM 10, the autocheck light blinks, as
does the viewfinder led after and exposure has been made.

However, on the OM 2N it doesn't, indicating bad exposure, but in the exact same
situation.

Also, when the flash is in full-auto, the light does not blink either, and the
flash power does not seem to vary when using different apertures.

Seeing as the switch is in the same position for GN32 Manual operation and Full
auto, with the calculator the other way round, I presume that the flash goes
into OTF full-auto when the contact on the OM2N is detected. I also presume that
one of the two contacts tells the flash to turn off.

Is the problem that the contact between the OM 2N and the flash is gone? What
can I do to check this?

Thanks for any help,

Andrew

--