RE: [OM] T32 or OM 2n problem....

Subject: RE: [OM] T32 or OM 2n problem....
From: "Andrew Tierney" <urbex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:53:28 +0100
> No, this is quite normal. The flashing light shows that the flash tube
> has been quenched rather than dumping all the capacitor charge - this
> is what happens at GN16 so your flash is OK in this mode.

Ok, good, that makes sense now.

> The flash trigger (centre contact)  is basically a switch to ground.
> The quench signal (LH pin) appears to be a voltage fed form an output
> of an IC, but I don't know the pulse length or its polarity. It
> operates when the comparator switches over when the integrated light
> over time says "enough". It's the same basic method that closes the
> shutter. It's a beautifully simple, all analog circuit.

Ok, I'm going to take it over and have a look at it on a scope. I'll also check
that the shoe 4 is ok (haven't check yet, I've tried two, but they might both be
broken).

I suppose it is better that the camera isn't working than the flash, as they are
easier to get serviced.

BTW, where is the best low cost place to get OMs serviced in the UK?

--
Andrew Tierney
urbex@xxxxxxxxxxxx