[OM] Zuiko 200/4 and 50mm MTF

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 and 50mm MTF
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:56:19 +0100
Cc: "'OM list'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Cy,

"I looked at the magazine article again.  The charts in the article show "MTF
measurements", but precisely what those measurements represent is not
specified.  The MTF values are percentage values plotted on the Y axis on
the chart (which ranges from 0 to 100%).  These percentage values are the
values that I showed in my previous posts.  I guess that the values plotted
are for some particular spatial frequency (or perhaps an average of several
different spatial frequencies), but this is not specified in the article.

The article reviewed the 21mm f3.5, 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 50mm f2 macro,
85mm f2, and 200mm f4."

It sounds like an MTF value, but it would have  more meaning with the spatial
frequency. OK for a comparison between lenses tested and presented the same
way.

Is there any chance of sending me the data on the 24mm 2.8? Or could you scan
the whole article?

Chris