[OM] Zuiko 200/4 and 50mm MTF

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200/4 and 50mm MTF
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:18:10 +0100
Cc: "'OM list'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear Cy,

Many thanks for posting the number on these lenses.

Do you know what measurements they were quoting? I suspect the numbers are
resolutions in line pairs/mm, but I think strictly speaking MTF should be a
percentage at specific line frequencies. Does it say on the original article?

Personally I really like my 200 f/4. It does however need fast shutter speeds
or a tripod to achieve really sharp results. Gary Reese's test have shown that
some lens body combinations have undesirable vibration effects which can affect
test results. If Practical Photography used a proper MTF test bench then this
would not be a problem.

I would admit that it is not as easy to get sharp results as I can with my 100
2.8.

Chris Barrett
Malvern