Re: [OM] Caution on Criticisms of John Hermanson

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution on Criticisms of John Hermanson
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 12:30:02 -0700

I think you're leaving out a lot of information. This sounds like a
story that has two sides.

John's worked on several of my bodies, a half dozen or so of my
lenses, and has been an excellent source for detailed advice,
information, and accessories. His terms, turnaround, and prices are
laid out in detail prior to performing work. He's been a tremendous
asset to the list and has given countless subscribers information
that saved them a trip to the repair shop.

I've been a customer for years, and will continue to be as long as
John's in business and I use Oly gear. He's always met and often
exceeded my expectations.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard,

Very well said, Barry.

I was not going to add to the furor, but I am concerned that someone new to the list might think that there is some substance to the character assasination launched on it. Any one who has been on the list for a while is just shocked by it. Many of us have had John save our creaky old equipment. He bends over backwards to be helpful. John's reputation on the list has been spotless, deservedly so. He has well earned the good will he has here.

The alleged turn around time on the original repair is just unbelievable based on my own experience. If one does not believe that, then everything can be disregarded. The belief that a telephone call will hold a warranty open indefinitely is just pathetic.

I will not characterize this behavior by the complainer, but I have reminded of someone who put up a hate Volkswagen web site because his car did not get the miles per gallon noted on the government sticker on his window when it was new. What can you say?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?