Re: [OM] Caution on John Hermanson

Subject: Re: [OM] Caution on John Hermanson
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 07:36:16 -0400
My warranty is very clear .  Most repair warranties are 6 months.  No repair
shop I know (or have mentioned this request to) would allow a repair
warranty to hang over their heads for THREE years (not 2).  I might have
even  offered a courtesy repair up to one year, but waiting 3 years?  It's a
joke, right? Come on, guy.  Thanks for taking this public.
The "legality" here isn't an issue.  It's a moral issue.  There come a
cutoff line where the customer no longer has the right to expect something
for free.  That cutoff line was 2 years ago.  It's also funny that in this
case the  customer thought that the redo labor "didn't cost me anything".
Sound like you don't run a business.  I'm not responding to the customers
email line by line, I've said plenty about it already, and I've been
reasonable about it.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,