Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:34:55 -0500
At 04:48 4/13/02, C.H. Ling wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
You can see
> the composites of all the curves from both data sheets here:
>    http://johnlind.tripod.com/proimagegold100.html
>
> This is how I came to the conclusion they are, in essence, the same
> film.

[snip]

If this can be said as the same than I can say RDP III and RAP is the same
film, check the Fuji data sheet you will see they have the same Spectral Dye
Density Curves and characteristic curves. The spectral sensitivity curves
are also "similar".

Your analogy using RDP III and RAP selectively ignores the spectral sensitivity curves; specifically the curve for the green layer which is obviously very different. My assertions about Pro Image 100 and and Gold 100 do *not* selectively ignore any of the data Kodak published about their respective structures: the PGI, characteristic curves, spectral dye density, or spectral sensitivity.