[OM] [OT] Pro & Consumer Equivalents [was] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL P

Subject: [OM] [OT] Pro & Consumer Equivalents [was] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:30:45 -0500
At 21:50 4/13/02, Richard F. Man wrote:

Perhaps I should check it myself, but I read on the usenet (so it must be true :-) ) that Sensia 100 is Astia and Sensia 400 is Provia, and Sensia 200 is a weird beast?

Yes . . .
Astia = Sensia 100
Provia 400 = Sensia 400

Fuji doesn't have an ISO 200 pro chrome (that I'm aware of).

I do know that Sensia 200 has a blue cast. Of course, this is AFTER I bought 2 more boxes. Grrr....

If you're set on using an ISO 200 E-6, you might try Elitechrome 200. About the same granularity; elitechrome 200 is very slightly finer grained. MTF curve shows you may perceive very slightly less sharpness, but not very much (typically when projected).

-- John