[OM] Kodak Gold was:[OT] KODAK PRO IMAGE 100 Film

Subject: [OM] Kodak Gold was:[OT] KODAK PRO IMAGE 100 Film
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 04:27:35 -0700 (PDT)
I like Kodak Gold 100 and it's a fine film to work
with as it has very pleasing tones without much grain
and good latitude. Personally I don't like any of the
other Gold films though. 200 seems to trade a lot of
grain for that 1 stop and any 400/800 I've ever
developed has had really ugly grain (IMHO) in the
shadows. For the past year I've been using Portra
160NC and 3 rolls of kodachrome 64. The Portra is
wonderful! Very fine film with great tones, absolutely
enormous latitude, just a film that makes a great
photo. The Kodachrome is even better when it comes out
right, but it's a whole lot more finicky and it's
tough to make a good print off of it. Of course this
is just IMHO.

Mark Lloyd