RE: [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:45:47 -0800
In a message dated 4/5/2002 Marc Lawrence writes:

<< The 28-70 2.8 L-series lens of Canon is one of the premier
zooms in Canon's EOS stable. >>

My first impression in Stephen's post was it was just a consumer grade
Canon AF 28-70 since nowhere did I notice it was mentioned to be a
"L-series" lens.

As you aptly pointed out in your post, "consumer zooms" tend to be junk
and I have to believe any Zuiko 50/1.8 in reasonably good shape would
blow one away in image quality. In fact, I think even a Stylus Epic or
Yashica T4 probably is better than a "consumer zoom" ;-)

Professional quality zooms become a much different situation and can
rival the image quality of primes in normal everyday shooting
conditions.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com