Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:46:09 -0500
At 05:47 PM 4/5/02 -0800, Richard F. Man wrote:

OK, I got interested and found a .ps file on the web for the USAF chart. How big is it suppose to print out? Or should I just buy one from one of the online sites?

Is the "40x the focal length" the standard way of using it? How do you interpret the results?

Hi Richard,

I don't think I'd purchase one if you've got access to a good printer. Go to the following link, read it and download the files and read those instructions. I think it'll answer your questions and may cause you to have more. :-)

http://wdn.com/~johnchap/lenstest/testlens.htm

Later,
Johnny