Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 17:47:37 -0800
OK, I got interested and found a .ps file on the web for the USAF chart. How big is it suppose to print out? Or should I just buy one from one of the online sites?

Is the "40x the focal length" the standard way of using it? How do you interpret the results?

Thanks!

Johnny Johnson wrote ...
I didn't do a very exhaustive test. I used a tripod and shot a USAF 1951 resolution chart at a distance of 40 times the focal length on Velvia film. The camera body was an OM-4 and in several cases I took two shots with a given lens, one using the self timer and the other by cradling the camera with my finger on the shutter release. I made one shot at f8 on each lens and for several I shot at both wide open and completely stopped down.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]