Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: Re: USAF 1951 - WAS [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:50:22 -0500
At 20:47 4/5/02, you wrote:
OK, I got interested and found a .ps file on the web for the USAF chart. How big is it suppose to print out? Or should I just buy one from one of the online sites?

Is the "40x the focal length" the standard way of using it? How do you interpret the results?

Thanks!

This is not something you can print out and use with accuracy. It's there so you can see what one looks like. To use the USAF 1951 chart for actual lens tests, you can buy one from Edmund Optics (used to be part of Edmund Scientific before they split into two companies):
  http://www.edmundoptics.com/IOD/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1332

There may be other sources for it.

-- John