[OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 5 Apr 2002 17:35:52 -0000
Well -- did he use a tripod ? If it was a 28-70f2.8L zoom it is a rather
heavy lens....

Also, what canon did was spend years of research to come up with a zoom
that is as good as a prime...

Also, the 50mm lens is one of the easiest (optically) to make. I'm not
sure what you would expect. On a tripod I would expect the 28-70 to be
nearly as good as the 50 and optically better than the zuiko 28f2 or 35f2
(though one stop slower).

(I have never used the canon 28-70f2.8L  but have seen plenty of pictures
from them -- I have used a 50mmf1.8 zuiko (both sc and mc). It is a ok
lens but nothing special for a 50mm).

Alan