RE: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity

Subject: RE: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity
From: "Dave Shupe" <kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:59:02 -0800
Hello Lisa

I've been on this list for maybe six months, never properly introduced
myself just kind of jumped in.  So thanks for an opportunity to rectify that
original breach of etiquette.

I found this list when I purchased an OM-3 on eBay.  The seller sent me the
link and I've been hooked since.  I just love this list and am constantly
amazed at the great information and advise I get here.  Not to mention the
bargains I've found thanks to this list.

I started taking pictures in '79 shortly after moving to Seattle.  My first
camera was an OM-2n that today went in the mail to John for a CLA.  He did a
great job on my OM-4t and my OM-1n (I found him thanks to this list).  When
I bought the 2n my first (and only for several years) was a 100mm f2.8.  I
think this is still my favorite lens.  Love the compact size and the ability
to get portraits without getting in your face (so to speak).  My next lens
was a 50mm f3.5 macro, this is still my only "normal" lens.  I seem to take
most pictures either real wide (18mm) or real long (300,400,600).  I find I
use my iS-3 for most shots in the range it covers (35-180).  Last October I
found an old Bronica S2A at a camera swap meet - no interesting OM gear
;(  - and had always wanted to try my hand at MF.  I love the slides that
you get with a 6x6.

Best Fang to date:  I purchased an OM-4t, OM-1n, 24mm f2, 40mm f2, 100mm f2,
300 f4.5, 65-200 f4, Slide copier, Winder 2, T-20, auto tube 25, bunch of
filters, and a couple focus screens for $900.  Sold the 40, 100, 300, and
65-200 on eBay for enough to pay for the rest and cover the cost of the CLA
by John on the OM-4t, OM-1n and replace the front element on the 24 f2

I've noticed there are several cyclists on this list.  That is also one of
my interests.  Last July I did a ride from Kalispell MT to Banff Alberta
Canada with a group of 15 friends (12 riders 3 gear drivers).  That has to
be some of the most scenic country on earth. I'd love to put together a ride
from this list. Maybe late summer or early fall.  Drop me a note if you
might be interested.

Cheers!

Dave Shupe
kc7iek@xxxxxxxxx

Latitude 47° 43' 1" North, Longitude 122° 6' 15" West