[OM] Incident/reflected meter readings

Subject: [OM] Incident/reflected meter readings
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:04:49 -0500
Incident is good for slides, if all the light is the same, or you move to
each variety of lighting in the scene (brightest, every shadow variation -
different things reflect into the shadows).

But that takes some time, especially in the mountains....

Technically (for negative films), you really just have to decide what you
want to register on the film given your film's top and bottom limits. So
spotmetering,if the spot is small enough, is ideal.

For slides, you want to previsualise what it will look like.

Tom

On Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 21:48, Roger D. Key
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>