Re: [OM] alcohol; retro cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] alcohol; retro cameras
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:48:13 +0100
Absolutely correct description, Walt. I think that incident light readings
are almost always the best, if one has the time and the possibility. I use
a couple of Weston Master V with Invercone attachments when I can...

Roger Key

Actually, I think a behind-the-lens meter would be making a direct
reading.  Incident readings are taken from the position of the
subject and measure the light falling on the subject, as opposed
to direct readings, which measure the light reflected by the
subject.  I have found incident readings to be generally superior
to direct readings, and that is the method I use with all my
medium format photography.  Don't mean to be picky, but...

Walt Wayman