Re: [OM] alcohol; retro cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] alcohol; retro cameras
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:36:25 -0500
Actually, I think a behind-the-lens meter would be making a direct
reading.  Incident readings are taken from the position of the
subject and measure the light falling on the subject, as opposed
to direct readings, which measure the light reflected by the
subject.  I have found incident readings to be generally superior
to direct readings, and that is the method I use with all my
medium format photography.  Don't mean to be picky, but...

Walt Wayman