[OM] Advising Students

Subject: [OM] Advising Students
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:52:17 +1100 (EST)
Im glad to say, if I turned to other brands other than the OM's, I would of
been bitterly dissapointed.

I am a student too (not studying photography). I am SO glad I turned to
Olympus.

It all started when my father had an OM10 and a 50mm 3.5 MACRO (god knows why
this lens was on there) sitting in the cupboard at home. Un-used and not to
mention, was incidentally left in his office building by a collegue whom was
retrenched, it is ironic that this was the first and hopefully last camera I
will ever use.

I recently picked up one of those P***** MZ7's and could not believe my eyes.
This is a friend whom studies photography and says most of the students have
these cameras. It was simply 'plastic fantastic'. The lens felt like two PVC
pipes connected with a rusted balbearing apparutus, mounted on a disposable
camera with a few twist tops located here and there. I passed my OM2n over and
could not get it off him. He said he desperately wanted one. He replied, 'its
smaller, yet they somehow they fit all that into that durable box'! Then he got
hold of the lens, which happened to be a 50mm 1.4. All he said was 'WOW!'.

I also expereince this with some of the professional photographers I meet, whom
happen to be around 40 - 60 years of age. Most of them have in the past used
Olly, and ALL have said good things and reccomend them to high heavens. Some
still wish they were, but simply due to the availability and small Oly repair
outlets, its simply very hard to justify their total dedication to Olympus.

Damon Wood
Dip. Technology (Applied Science)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centre (AMTC)
Sustainable Development (BSc)
Undergraduate Student
Murdoch University
Secretary M.C.C. WASTCA