Re: [OM] Sigma 600mm tele mirror lens FS in OZ

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 600mm tele mirror lens FS in OZ
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:01:31 +1100
>One for the lens repair gurus out there.
>
>http://au.page.sold.yahoo.com/au/auction/510373741
>
>Is this repairable?  cheaply?
>
>As-is, will the mirror problem have a badly noticeable affect on shots taken?
>
>If not, I'm interested in buying it myself.
>
>Cheers and TIA
>
>Chris

These are not tremedously expensive in good condition - I paid AU$200 for a
Tamron 500mm in perfect optical condition. I've seen a clean Sigma 600mm in
military green on offer for around AU$250 tho' not in Oly mount.
The mirror would worry me - I suspect it would cause some general
degradation of the image and a mirror can't take much of a compromise in
this area. Repair would involve a new mirror and may not be economically
viable.
AndrewF