RE: [OM] Advising students

Subject: RE: [OM] Advising students
From: Sherman Chan <schan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:13:33 -0500
I'd probably advise the kid to go Nikon - if I was just starting out, with
nothing in the closet, I'd do the same.  Plus, the lenses will stay with you
if (when) you move to a digital body down the road.  The FM10 is fine if
you're strictly on a budget, though the FM2 is a fine machine (though not
quite as elegant as the OM1) that's worth it if you can afford it.  One
thing people tend not to like about the Nikons is the way you turn the meter
on - you pull the wind lever out slightly - this could really suck if you
use your left eye.  Another thing to keep in mind is I've seen F3's for
about $350 used if you don't mind a bit of wear on the finish.

http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard, MO