Re: [OM] Leonids

Subject: Re: [OM] Leonids
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:56:56 -0500
Garth, I don't think that there were that many. I had read somewhere (the
links posted here) that it was 1500/hr in '66, with predictions as high as
8k/hr for this episode. Of course, we won't see all that are hitting. We
have a limited view on the ground, and some just aren't big enough to be
visible at ground level. I'd guess we saw around 100 in the time from 4:45
to 5:15. Some were brilliant and long, and some were dim and small. I'm
hopeful to have more than stars on my exposures! When you point the 24mm at
the sky, the coverage isn't really all that wide....

-Mickey