RE: [OM] Leonids

Subject: RE: [OM] Leonids
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 10:39:54 -0700
Good show here, but like several others have noted, not nearly the frequency of
impacts I was expecting from all the brouhaha in the science press.  Oh well,
it was still neat to see the show, and my head's only somewhat muzzy from lack
of sleep.  I didn't see any *really* outstanding trails, but it was impossible
to look everywhere in the sky at once.  Did see one fairly cool radiant
straight out from Leo, though.

Wish I'd seen 1966 (I think it was).  150,000 impacts/hour!  And at the last
minute, I decided not to take any photos -- not familiar enough with the
deep-sky site or with doing this type of photography, and wanted to actually
see the show rather than screw around with a tripod and camera in total
darkness.

Garth