Re: [OM] leonid

Subject: Re: [OM] leonid
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:42:07 -0500
I ventured out here in north-central Maryland (Carroll County). Heavy fog,
and where there was a break, higher level fog, no stars. I phoned a friend
who was going to an area closer to the light pollution of Baltimore. She
said they had clear sky overhead but drove through the same mess I had seen.
I got to this area that was a pull-off on a park-land dividing road in
Baltimore County. Must have been a hundred cars. It was like a drive in
theatre. The show was great, and the crowd responded as at a fireworks
display. Oooooh, Ahhhhh!! Of course we had the nagging problems that you
have at a drive-in. Remember headlights on the screen?

I took about 16 exposures on my OM-4T ranging from 2 to 6 minutes. Sigma
24/2.8 and Fuji 1600. I don't know if they'll turn out, but the camera was
incedental. I wanted to see it with my eyes. I'll post when I get the negs
developed.

-Mickey