RE: [OM] Leonids

Subject: RE: [OM] Leonids
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:58:30 -0700
In a word "WOW". There was some patchy clouds down here in Tucson, but
mostly
clear to the South and East. Several meteors were bright enough to shine
through light
clouds to the North.

   I also elected not to work with camera equipment in the dark, opting for
a self contained
hammock and sleeping bag. Starting at 1:00 am local time, the skies were
generally
covered with meteors. If not right in front, then to the side or behind
you. Big, bright, fast
meteors! I must have dozed off about 4:30, awakened to the sun just peeking
over the hills,
and there were still an occasional fireball! What a night to remember!!!

   And the next one like that is only in 33 more years. Now was someone
talking about a 250 F2?
drooooooollllllllll

Tom