Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:59:30 EST
In a message dated 10/28/01 8:29:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If you've got a 28/2.0 and you're unhappy with the image quality, maybe it
>  *is* a "dud"...  Lens tests on this model generally rate it quite high.

That thought just ocurred to me, too.  Maybe you could borrow another
example, Albert, and compare the shots side by side?  For sure, not every
lens & body sold used is in spec.  You can bet some have been dropped, drop
kicked, drowned, thrown at the wall, stored in hot closets for years, etc..
And ocassionally a dog manages to leave the factory, despite good statistical
process control of the manufacturing quality assurance process.

I've been lucky, I suppose, in that out of about 75 Evilbay purchases, I have
received only one true dog of a lens (scratched beyond all possible
usability), which was promptly returned for a refund.  I can't say I've fully
tested all of my other lenses yet, but so far, no disappointments.  Life is
good.

Rich