Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:50:53 -0800
I have never really worried all that much. Yes the BEST of the new lenses MAY be
better than my 20 year old Zuikos, but  not unless you are shooting with
absolutly perfect technique, on a good quality tripod. Even then I bet when all
is said and done there is more limitation of resolving power in the film and
format of a 35mm slide or neg.  If I really felt a need for improved sharpness
and resolution I would not bother with a new 35mm system, I would go medium
format. As it is I am VERY happy with my Zuikos. I see no need to switch to a
new system because of lens quality. There are some lenses available for new
cameras that are not available for the OM series (24-100+ zooms, image
stabalizing lenses, ect) and if you felt a need for these it might be a reson to
switch, but not for a percieved quality difference that I don't thing woule
really be noticible in an end product.

Jim Couch