Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)

Subject: Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:40:19 -0800
Boy my story sounds so much like Tom's it is VERY SCARY!

As a sophmore in high school I wanted to shoot for the school annual. At
the time I was using an Argus C-3 that my dad had given me. The camera
was not up to the standards needed for the annual so I went camera
shopping. After much research I picked up an OM-1 because of it's
compact size and reputation for durability. I wanted to be able to use
it for cycle trips and backpacking as well as school photography. I
seriously considered the OM-2 which had just recently become available,
but just could not afford it. I picked the OM-1 up during the summer of
75 or 76, along with a 50/1.8 and started learning to use it. That fall
I also picked up a 75-150/4 Zuiko and a Sunpack flash. I used this
system all through high school. While in college I picked up an OM-2 and
a Sigma 24mm lens. This lens died w/in three years of it's purchase and
was replaced with a used Zuiko 24/2.8 (my first foray into used OM
gear). It has just gone downhill form there in fits and spurts! In the
early 80s I added an XA, 80/4 macro along with bellows and a 135/3.5.
Things have kind of progressed (from bad to worse) from that point on.

Jim Couch
Tacoma, WA