Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)

Subject: Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 02:02:22 -0500
on 10/28/01 12:32 AM, M. Royer at royer007@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What OM body did you cut you teeth on? Were you one of
> the old timers who got the OM-1 with its plates still
> hot from the metal press?

I 'inherited' a chrome OM1-md, winder 1, 50/1.4 and 28/3.5 from my parents
about 10 years ago.  My mother used it in her kindergarten classroom and out
of the pentaxes and leicas, it was the only one 'durable enough for a 12
year old' that my dad could bear to let me use.

I used the -1md (and and XA-2) on and off throughout high school.  Since
taking a photo class in college last spring, I've followed in true
zuikoholic fashion, acquiring a OM-2 off e$ay, a 2s off a fellow list
member, not to mention a 100/2.8, 75-150/4 (now sold to another listee),
65-200/4, Vivitar macro-teleconverter and a 28/2.8 all in the last 6-8
months or so.

Whats next?  I'm thinking a tripod (Bogen 3011 or heavier), flash meter
(minolta ivf), and finally a zuiko 180/2.8 or 35/2 (in that order.)  My
current kit should keep me satiated for quite a while though, and as long as
I can afford those 100' rolls of Tri-X I should be alright:)

Mike