Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)

Subject: Re: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:53:01 -0600
Well, I represent this remark, having bought my first OM, a Chrome OM-1,
brand-new in the mid-70s.  I guess I never thought I'd be called an
'old-timer' at the young age of 41.

I was in high school and 'did my homework' on cameras.  I fell in love with
the 'little OM' and the trade press was gushing.  Once I played with one at
the local store, I was hooked.

I bought an OM-1MD and a 50/1.4 (bet that was a rare earth one).  Once I had
my money saved up, I bought an OM-2 and a Vivitar 70-150 with a 2X matched
multiplier.  A couple years later, during my first year of college, I added
a cheap Quantary 28/2.8 and traded the Chrome bodies for Black ones (worked
at a camera store).  Somewhere in there I got a BG2 and T32 (when has been a
list discussion before).

Didn't buy another piece of equipment until the Fall of 1999.

I've been making up for lost time.

Tom

From: "M. Royer"

<Snip>
> What OM body did you cut you teeth on?

<snip>
Were you one of
> the old timers who got the OM-1 with its plates still
> hot from the metal press?
<snip>